Botox at Camas medspa
Dr. Karen Gaskell is an Allergan platinum injector of Botox in Vancouver WA and a leader in cosmetic injectables and non-invasive facial treatments.
Dr. Gaskell and her Injecting partner, Elizabeth Docea, NP, have over 10 years combined experience with Botox injections.
At Camas Medspa our “less is more” philosophy and artistic natural looking results will leave you the best version of yourself.
“The goal is to look refreshed and rejuvenated and to avoid the ‘frozen face’ look when it comes to Botox and dermal fillers” says Elizabeth Docea, NP. By combining “baby Botox” injections and “Botox sprinkles,” Camas Medspa injectors unique Botox treatment techniques will leave you younger looking after a single visit to our Vancouver, WA location.
How Much Botox do I need?
While it varies depending upon the person, there are averages regarding the amount of Botox that is generally used per area.
Areas Treated with botox
Initially, Botox was only approved for the glabella lines, or furrows between the eyebrows. However, over the years the indications for Botox have grown to include many other cosmetic treatment areas, such as above the lips, the masseters, the neck and more – all of which are practiced at Camas Medspa.
Forehead lines or worry lines. The forehead is an area which tends to wrinkle even when we are young and we often appear worried or stressed. Botox smooths out these forehead lines and leaves you looking relaxed and rejuvenated.
Glabella AKA Angry 11 AKA Frown lines. The deep furrow which can form between the eyebrows can often make one look angry even when they are not. Botox treats this deep lines and make this area smoother and more relaxed. One of the most popular treatment areas for Botox® Cosmetic is to reduce these frown lines.
Crow’s feet or Smile lines. Botox can remove the lines around the eyes which are most obvious when you smile or squint.
Neck lines or Platysmal bands. Botox can be used to minimize and smooth the lines around the neck in what’s called the “Nefertiti lift” by injecting the cords or platysmas bands.
Lines above the upper lip. Botox can be used to treat the smoker’s lines around the upper lip which is a sure sign of aging.
Chin dimples. Botox can be used to remove the texture and dimpling of chin wrinkles.
Frown lines around the mouth. Lift the lines around the mouth that hinder the smile.
Brow lift. Botox can be used to give a brow lift and open up the eyes.
Botox Masseter Reduction for Facial Slimming. Botox can be used to non-surgically slim the face and make the square jaw rounder. The TMJ joint is responsible for patients who grind their teeth at night. Injecting the masseter muscle relieves the pressure of this hypertrophied masseter muscle and relieves the pressure of the TMJ. Masseter injections injections will also make it more difficult for the person to grind or clench their teeth. Slimming results will be noticeable in 30 days – 2 treatments per year (20 units per side average) will be needed to maintain results.
Your botox Treatment at Camas Medspa
When a client comes in to Camas Medspa for their first Botox Injections , prior to consultation with either Dr. Gaskell or Elizabeth Docea, NP a few things will happen first. We will take several photographs of your face after ensuring all provided paperwork has been completed. During your consultation a review both of your medical and cosmetic history will be discussed to see if you are a good candidate for Botox injections. You will then be asked to make several facial expressions to see which areas are wrinkled and decide on the amount of Botox that needs to be injected and into which facial areas. The cost of Botox will be reviewed and will be based on both the amount of Botox and the desired treatment.
Other conditions treated with Botox at Camas medspa
- TMJ pain: Botox is commonly used and very effective at treating the symptoms of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders and jaw tension for patients who suffer from this disorder. Botox injections eliminates the headaches arising from teeth grinding and diminishes lock jaw as well.
- Migraine headaches: Botox has been approved for patients with severe migraines to relieve the pressure and alleviate the pain.
- Excessive Sweating or Hyperhidrosis: Patients who struggle with excessive sweating find relief with regular Botox injections in the underarms.
- Depression: Studies have shown that clients that receive regular facial injections that address frown lines and other issues also benefit from a decrease in depression.
- Cervical Dystonia: This neurological muscle disorder which causes neck pain and severe muscle spasms in the head and neck can be treated with Botox.
- Overactive bladder or Urinary Incontinence: Botox is highly effective at treating adults with urinary incontinece, who have symptoms of urinary urgency and frequency, and have an inadequate response to or are intolerant of anticholinergic medication.
- Blepharospasm: Botox is used to treat blepharospasm, whichis an abnormal twitch of the eyelid, many of which are chronic.
The cost of Botox is per unit – you can check the averages graphic to get an idea of how much it might cost you depending upon where you want to get your Botox. You can check our rates when you go to our Booking page.
Ways to save money on Botox and other injectables.
Camas Medspa regularly offers specials on Botox and other treatments. Allergan, the makers of Botox, has a rewards program (Alle) used by Medspas across the country that offer discounts every time you receive Botox treatments. Sign up for Alle and check our monthly specials to start saving now!
Botox is FDA approved and is a documented safe cosmetic injectable treatment for fine lines and wrinkles. Botox is the number one cosmetic injectable treatment in the United States and has been used safely since the year 2000 in the USA.
Side effects can inclued: Localized swelling, Bruising at the treatment area, Pain at the injection site, Headache, Flu-like symptoms, Dry eyes or excessive tearing, Drooping eyelid or ptosis, Double vision, Blurred vision, Dry eyes.